I love hanging out near the lake in the summer. It’s a great way to escape the heat… the only thing that would make it better would be being able to actually swim in the lake that is near us. Silly lake Ontario.
Okay, pause a second. You’re all probably thinking why the hell we’re dressed like that for a day by the lake. Well we went to a little town that’s near by, that happens to be on the lake, that has some of the cutest shops and restaurants and tea houses to do some window shopping and a lot of eating. So we we’re realllllly at the lake. Right? Right.
Top/skirt/arm candy: H&M
Sandals: Cheapy ones from payless
Bag: Love Theit (camera bag!)
Whistle necklace: forever 21
Fedora: C’est Chic
Beth (mint) & Di (zebra) are both wearing h&m as well.
ps and congrats to Carly who won the giveaway from The Vintage Ramble! :)!!
Posted in Fashion, Outfits • 10 Comments
How lovely is this floral vintage dress? It’s nice and flowy and I can just picture it being perfect for a picnic or on a warm summer day strolling along the beach. Alessia from The Vintage Ramble was kind enough to donate it for a giveaway! It will best fit a S/M and has an elastic waist and fabric belt so its nice and stretchy or you can cinch it! Measurements are: Bust 16″, Waist Up to 15.5″ Hips free, Length:41″ (laying flat).
Here’s all the ways you can enter:
Leave a comment telling me how you follow/subscribe
Tweet about this giveaway (Make sure you use @VintageRamble and @misskait so I see it!)
Subscribe to The Vintage Ramble
Follow Alessia on Twitter (@VintageRamble)
Leave a comment for each entry!
You have until June 24th to enter!
The winner of the last giveaway from Blurb Books is Kim!!! Congrats!! Sent you an email :)
Posted in Giveaways • 35 Comments
One of my favourite parts about summer is a glass (or a pitcher ;D) of ice cold sangria on the patio. Last Sunday Beth & Di came over for some yummies and girlie movies. We made a red sangria using Cupcake Vineyard’s Red Merlot, DavidsTea’s pink flamingo, fresh fruit and orange rum. Yum yum yum!
Incase you’re curious, here’s the recipe for how I made it:
Tea Infused Sangria
• 5-8 tsp tea (I used Pink Flamingo from Davids) steeped in 2c water
• 1 bottle red wine
• loads of fresh fruit & ice cubes
• 1/2 c orange rum or tripple sec
• 1/3c club soda to add some fizz
1. Steep your tea, combine, stir and enjoy!
Tea infused sangria just might be my new favourite thing! It adds some really interesting flavour. I think I’m going to try to make a white wine sangria with swampwater from DavidsTea next, or just some with a traditional orange pekoe.
Posted in Food, Gluten Free, Uncategorized • 9 Comments
Recently I discovered how wonderful coconut flour is. It’s naturally gluten free, and tastes amazzzing. It can a little difficult to work with though. I was craving pancakes and decided I wanted to try making some with the coconut flour. I was racking my brain of trying to think of some delicious things I could pair with it – and then it hit me. Pina. Colada. Pancakes.
Gluten Free Pina Colada Pancakes with Rum Syrup
• 1/2 c coconut flour
• 1/2 gluten free all purpose flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1 c coconut milk
• 3 eggs
• coconut flakes
• 3 tbsp melted butter
1. In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients & blend them using either an electric hand mixer (a blender will work also).
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix using a fork.
4. Cook on medium heat in a pan, and flip when they begin to bubble or are golden brown on the bottom.Make sure you butter or oil your pan as well, as I found the coconut flour really sticked compared to using just regular flour.
5. For the syrup, I just added a little bit of rum to maple syrup and mixed it together in a glass because I was lazy. There are lots of great recipes online though for real rum syrup if you’re ambitious!
6. Garnish the pancakes with the rum syrup, fresh pineapples, shredded coconut and icing sugar. Tastes like summer!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the current giveaway from Blurb Books!
Posted in Food, Gluten Free • 17 Comments
Hello friends! Have you heard of blurb.com? They’re this fun little site where you can upload your own content & create amazing books! I’ve noticed a lot of people are using them to create books with their instagram photos. You can create virtually any type of book using them though – photoboks, notebooks, calendars, recipe books, the options go on and on and on. My family & I have been thinking about ordering one for a while with all our photography in it.
I got the chance to chat with them for a bit at Blog Podium, check out the quality of the paper and books and I was really impressed. When they contacted me after the event and offered to host a giveaway I was thrilled. Blurb is giving all you Canadian readers of mine a chance to win a 35$ credit towards any book of your choice!
How to enter!
1. Must subscribe/follow MKO either by google reader, bloglovin, twitter etc.
2. Must be a legal resident of Canada
3. Leave a comment telling me what book you’d choose if you won & how you follow.
Extra entries include:
1. Tweet about this giveaway (& mention @blurbbooks and @misskait so I see it!)
2. Blog about it
Leave a comment for EACH entry.
This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Kim!
(All images provided by Blurb)
Posted in Giveaways • 9 Comments