One of my favourite things about summer is watermelon. Seriously, I love it. But have you ever noticed that no matter how small of a melon you get there’s always too much to eat?! Watermelon salad has always been one of my favourites but all the leftover watermelon in my fridge had me searching the interent for some yummy recipes to use up the rest of it so I thought I’d share some of my favourite finds a long with my fav summer salad!
1. Watermelon Agua Fresca - refreshing for a hot summer’s day
2. Strawberry Watermelon Yogurt Ice Pops - I love this one because since it’s frozen, it’ll last a while!
3. Watermelon & Froyo Cupcakes – This one is brilliant for a healthier desert.
4. Watermelon Salsa – Great on hotdogs, tacos, as a dip you name it
5. Watermelon Sangria – What would this list be without a boozy option?! Just make this and add your fav bottle of wine to it!
Watermelon Feta & Berry Salad
• Watermelon, cubed
• Feta cheese
• Avocado slices
• Mint leaves
1. Chop it all up and toss it in a bowl! Easy as pie!
What do you do with all your watermelon?! If you have a great recipe feel free to share it in the comments! :)
Posted in Food, Link Love • 5 Comments
I needed to make a lot of cupcakes for work (two batches!) so I cheated a bit and used two Betty Crocker’s gluten free cake mix for these puppies and altered it. They still turned out really tasty. I wanted to do a summer-y flavour so I decided on vanilla and chocolate pink lemonade cupcakes!
Strawberry Ice Cream
1. Betty Crocker’s golden gluten free cake mix, prepared to instructions but use lemonade instead of water, then add 1 extra egg and 1 tsp maraschino cherry juice.
2. For the chocolate batch, add an additional tbsp of sugar and 4 tbsp cocoa powder.
• 1.5 cup vegetable shortening
• 6 cups icing sugar
• 3 tsp pink lemonade concentrate
• 1 tbsp juice from a jar of maraschino cherries
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Blend the icing using an electric or hand held mixer. Garnish with a cherry & straw.
I was going to do tiny umbrellas too but didn’t have any so I used these little flags I got from Michael’s a while ago that were on sale.
Although it was a bit time consuming because I made two batches, this recipe is actually pretty easy. I really really loved these cupcakes (I might of had 6 in one day), and so did everyone at work so that’s a plus too!! :)
Posted in Dessert, Food, Gluten Free • Leave a Comment