December 21st, 2011 | Recipe: Caramel Nutty Cranberry Popcorn
One of my favourite Holiday snacks in my household is this recipe! It’s the perfect mix of sweet, crunchy, and tangy flavours. It’s a fairly easy recipe to follow, but if you’re making a large amount it’s easier to do with two people. It doesn’t take much time at all either!
It’s a great for gifts, (throw some in a mason jar or bag and even attach the recipe), or to serve at a party or just a treat for yourself!
• 1c toasted pecans
• 1c dried cranberries
• 1c sugar
• 1c brown sugar
• 1/2c corn syrup
• 1tsp baking soda
• 1c butter
• 1/2c popcorn kernels
• First thing is first, you need to pop your kernels! We have a stove top popper. You could use a microwavable popper as well. If you don’t have a kernel popper you can use 2-3 bags of microwavable popcorn instead.
• Pop the corn, mix in the chopped nuts and cranberries and set it aside in a large glass or steel bowl.
• In a very large microwavable bowl (it’s going to expand like crazy!), combine the corn syrup and butter. Melt for 3 minutes or until the butter will fully melt.
• Add the baking soda to the melted mixture. It’s going to start to foam. Immediately pour over the popcorn and mix it together. Be careful, the caramel will be boiling hot.
• Serve either at room temperature, or warm. If you want to serve it warm heat it in the oven at 200F for just a few minutes.