December 31st, 2012 | Pink Champagne Ice Cream
Oh my it’s been a while! My laptops battery.. um kinda exploded. Inside my laptop. But I got a new battery for Christmas and I’m back in business! So expect a few belated holiday-themed posts in the next week or so. I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday! With the New Year right around the corner I thought I’d share my pink champagne ice cream recipe – it’s one of my favourites.
• 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
• 1/2 cup puree strawberries
• 3 cups milk (I used lactose free)
• 2 tbsp cream (again, lactose free)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup + 2 tbsp pink champagne
• 1 tsp vanilla
1. Boil about half a bottle of pink champagne. (Alcohol doesn’t freeze, this will help remove some of the alcohol.)
2. Combine all the liquid ingredients into a large pitcher and stir. Add the sugar and puree and stir again. Slowly pour the mixture into your ice cream maker. and the sugar into a large pitcher and stir.
3. My ice cream maker takes about 20 minutes, at the last 5 minute mark add the chopped strawberries. It should be a soft-serve consistency when done. Put it into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Happy New Years everyone!