January 7th, 2013 | Gluten Free Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
These cookies are probably the best thing I’ve ever created. Honest. The first time I made them, (for the Santa Clause Parade hehe) they were gone by the end of the day. This recipe makes roughly 2-3 dozen. The second time I made them I wanted to take them to work. They didn’t make it out my door. I eventually got a batch to work (two actually!), and had a friend who even paid me to make an entire batch for her. They’re actually pretty simple to make and don’t take too much time either.
• 2 1/4 Cup gluten free all purpose flour
• 1 Tsp baking powder
• 1 Tsp baking soda
• 1/2 Tsp xanthan gum
• 3/4 Cup softened butter
• 1 Cup sugar
• 2 Large eggs
• 2 Tsp vanilla extract
• 2-3 Tsp peppermint extract
• 2 Cups chocolate & white chocolate chips
• 4-6 large candy canes, crushed
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then add the butter and eggs, mix again. It’s easier to mix the dough with your hands at this point.
2. Add the vanilla and peppermint extract and mix it really well using your hands. The dough is going to be thick and hard to work with. Add the crushed candy canes and chocolate chips and mix together one final time.
3. Create small dough balls roughly around one inch. Place them on a baking sheet, lined with either parchment paper or tin foil (shiny side down, lightly greased). Spread the dough balls about 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes at 375F.
Hope you all had a good weekend! :)